Fascinating Sibiu city tour
5 Days tour that have it all. And there is no exaggeration!
You will love the stay in a former European Capital of Culture. Visit 5 attractions. You may chose to enjoy the night-life of the lovely city, just simply relax or hang around the Old city. Our guide leads your steps on the streets of one of the most colorful inhabited citadels of Europe, Sighisoara, part of UNESCO heritage. You will have a time travel by visiting fortified churches of Biertan (part of UNESCO heritage also) and Medias. You will get caught by Romanian traditions, culture and food in authentic rural Romania, in an idyllic natural setting. Experience and shop in a local carpet factory.
What else do you like to do, except booking the package with tours included?
We believe that the city of Sibiu doesn’t need any presentation (or, if not, you will be eager to tell your friends about it afterwards!)
This medieval city offers more than Gothic and Baroque architecture, multi-cultural history or legends, it offers people’s hospitality and warmth, nice accommodation, cozy restaurants and places to relax and recharge your batteries.
Sibiu city, Sighisoara, Biertan, Medias, Marginimea Sibiului, Cisnadie
- 4 nights accommodations in 4* hotels
- 4 dinners in good quality restaurant, 2 lunches
- 5 amazing Romania attractions in 5 days
- Enjoy traditional Romania for a day
Day 1: Bucharest Airport - Sibiu
Our tour leader will pick you from the airport and escort you towards Sibiu. Nice landscape on the road! A good welcome traditional dinner is waiting for you, after a short guided tour by night in the city center. Accommodation in a 4* hotel.
Day 2: Sibiu
Today is going to be a walking day in Sibiu. A local guide will share you the secrets of this special city, during the visits of Brukenthal Palace, Lesser Square, Grand Place, Huet Square, Evangelical Lutheran Cathedral, and Romanian Orthodox Church. In the afternoon, free time to explore Astra Museum. Traditional Saxon dinner in the evening.
Quiz time: Which is the largest outdoor ethnological museum in Europe? Read the full description of this city break and you will learn the answer!
Day 3: Sibiu - Biertan - Sighisoara - Sibiu
This day will be dedicated to the UNESCO Heritage. We’ll take you in a beautiful trip to Sighisoara - the only inhabited medieval citadel in South Eastern Europe, Medias – a beautiful citadel and Biertan – one of the most important Fortified Churches in Transylvania. Such a day deserves a medieval lunch in Sighisoara. We are sure that just by reading these lines we have convinced you to visit this wonderful area!
Day 4: Sibiu - Marginimea Sibiului - Cisnadie - Sibiu
Traditional day lays ahead of us: we start slowly with a cheese, a plum traditional drink and of course a desert – natural fruit jam, all of them carefully prepared by local people in Marginimea Sibiului, a famous area for its tradition in making sheep cheese and plum drink (very strong drink). After this tasting, we propose some shopping time, and we recommend you traditional carpets from Cisnadie. Nice, isn’t it?
Day 5: Sibiu - Bucharest Airport
Do you want to leave? We don’t… but we are waiting for you in our next tour in Romania!
Have a nice flight back home!
Accommodations & meals:
- 4 nights accommodation in a cozy 4* hotel
- 4 dinners in good quality restaurants
- 2 lunches
- Airport transfers
- Air conditioning bus during the entire tour
- Parking and road taxes
- Entrance fees in all attractions that we stop by
- English speaking tour guide
- English speaking local guide when specified
Tips & Tricks:
- Best seasons for this tour: beautiful in every season
- Health condition: you should be able to walk about 5 km – 6 km/day, carry your own bags from the bus to the hotel
- Age: doesn’t matter as long as you have a young soul
- Clothing & accessories: comfortable clothes according to the season, very comfortable shoes – sport shoes, sneakers, sunglasses, a small bag for documents and money
- Others: a big smile on your face and a lot of good mood!