Wine and food in Romania
Romania was blessed with beautiful sunny hills and a fertile land perfect for vine growth. Even if France or Italy has the supremacy when it comes to wine tasting, we would like to present another part of this culture: Romania wine and food tasting. We propose two amazing tours and we are sure that your luggage will have at least 2 kg more than on arrival (of course, because of the wine bottles). :)
Bucharest – Focsani – Iasi – Cotnari – Husi – Wine Road Prahova - Bucharest
- 4 nights accommodation
- Full board
- Wine tasting, noble spirit, delighting the senses
Day 1: Bucharest – Focsani – Deleni
Welcome to Romania! After meeting with your guide on, we invite you to take your comfortable seats on the bus that will lead you into a noble adventure. Let’s meet the stories of Romanian wine history. No story without tasting! That is the trip’s rule. Lunch will be served in Focsani. Accommodation and dinner in a superb manor near Iasi.
Day 2: Deleni – Cotnari – Iasi - Deleni
Good morning, noblemen! Eat your noble breakfast, but eat well because this is the first day of wine tasting. First stop: Cotnari. This vineyard hides at least three authentic vine varieties – Grasa de Cotnari (this kind of wine has not been acclimatized in any vineyard in the world), Francusa or Feteasca Alba. Of course, all accompanied by traditional Romanian dishes. After that, a short walking tour in Iasi, to discover a quiet town where people’s joy will revive you. Prepare for a traditional dinner in a cozy, historical restaurant. Your guide will surely tell the story of this wonderful place. From the restaurant’s pantry you may buy traditional goodies (jam, zacusca, homemade cheese and sausage) and you won’t regret it. Accommodation also in the superb manor.
Day 3: Deleni – Husi – Buzau – Gura Siriului
Did you sleep well? This day is full…of joy, relaxation and of course full of knowledge. After breakfast, we are going to visit another vineyard and of course, to taste another fine wines. Husi Vineyard is waiting for us with open arms. Lunch on the spot. Accommodation and traditional dinner in a fairytale place in Siriu.
Day 4: Gura Siriului – Wine Road - Bucharest
Open your eyes, it is a wonderful landscape! After breakfast we start on the wine road in Prahova County. We will not reveal more. It will be a pleasant surprise! Accommodation in a 4* hotel in Bucharest. Dinner? Also a big surprise!
Day 5: Time to go home!
After breakfast, your bus will guide you to the airport.
Hope you enjoyed this tour and we hope to see you again soon!
Accommodations & meals:
- 4 nights accommodation in cozy guesthouses
- Full board
- 1 special dinner
- 2 exclusive wine tastings
- Airport transfers
- Air conditioning bus during the entire tour
- Parking and road taxes
- Entrance fees in all attractions that we stop by
- English speaking tour guide
- Pre-paid tips: 50 euro/person
Tips & Tricks
- Best seasons for this tour: beautiful in every season, but we recommend it during the summer or early autumn
- Health condition: you should be able to walk about 4-5 km/day, carry your own bags from the bus to the guesthouse
- Age: doesn’t matter as long as you have a young soul
- Clothing & accessories: comfortable clothes, very comfortable shoes – sport shoes, sneakers, a hat should be useful if travelling during summer, sunglasses, a small bag for documents and money
- Others: a big smile on your face and a lot of good mood!